Being a programmer, do you know how to install Python on Mac? Python is one of the most famous and powerful programming languages. It is mostly used in data science, machine learning, and big data analytics. Most older macOS devices come with a built-in version of Python 2.7. But you can now install other versions like Python 3.6, 3.7, and 3.10 also. In today’s post, we will walk through how to install Python on Mac terminal. Luckily, there are different methods for installing and updating Python on macOS. Without wasting much time, let us now learn how to install Python on Mac in detail.
How To Install Python On Mac?
You can follow these steps to know how to install Python on Mac.
- First, download an installer package from https://www.python.org/downloads/ on your Mac.
- It will automatically detect your operating system.
- Then, click on the macOS link and choose the latest Python release.
- Once the download is complete, click on the package to start installing Python.
- Now, the installer will walk you through a wizard to complete the installation.
- If required, enter your Mac password to let it know that you agree with installing Python.
- After a while, the Python folder will open up.
- Now, check whether the latest version of Python and IDLE is installed correctly.
- Next, double-click on IDLE to view the Python shell.
- Here, type print(“Hello, World!”) statement and press the enter key.
You can follow the same procedure if you want to know how to install Python 3 on Mac. If you get Hello World! in the result, you have successfully installed Python on your Mac device.
You can keep on reading further to know more about how to install Python on Mac.
Install Python 3.6 On Mac
In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Python 3.6 on Mac.
- First, download Python 3.6 from its official website https://www.python.org/downloads/.
- After a while, a file is downloaded in .pkg format.
- Install this file by using Installer command.
- Type sudo installer -pkg downloads/python-3.6-macosx10.6.pkg -target/ command and press enter.
- Now, sudo forces terminal to prompt the user to fill the admin password.
- The process then installs the Python 3.6 to the root directory that is mentioned with the target option.
- To run a Python file, type print(“Hello, Python!”) statement and press the enter key.
If you get Hello Python! in the result, you have successfully installed Python on your Mac device. However, you can follow the same procedure to know how to install Python 3.7 and 3.10 on Mac.
Get to know more similar topics like these on Techkorr
Click Here – How To Clean iPhone Charging Port?
Is Python Free For Mac?
Python is free and open source, which means you don’t have to pay a penny to start using it.
Is Python Better On Mac Or Windows?
I think your question was: Which is better for Python development, Mac or Windows? Use whichever you got. Both will work just fine. If you have unlimited budget, MacOS is built on Next Unix, so it is built on Unix.
Is It Better To Code On A Mac Or PC?
If you’re learning to code or have some experience programming, you’ve probably wondered whether a Mac or a PC is better for programming. Overall, a PC is a good option for gaming and offers a great variety of programs developed exclusively for Windows, while a Mac offers a better user experience and security.
Which Mac Is Best For Coding?
MacBook Pro 16-inch
Apple’s large MacBook Pro 16-inch is the best laptop for programming money can buy right now. Replacing the Intel-powered model from 2019, the MacBook Pro 16-inch (2021) comes with a choice of Apple’s powerful M1 Pro or M1 Max chips, and these make short work of compiling and running even the most complex code.
Can Python 3 Install On Mac?
MacOS comes with Python pre-installed. But it’s Python Version 2.7, which is now deprecated (abandoned by the Python developer community). The entire Python community has now moved on to using Python 3. x (the current version as of writing this is 3.9).
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to install Python 3 and other versions on Mac. Having a great Python on Mac is essential to make your programming a joy! Usually, Python 2.7 is installed by default. You can use the Python version command $ python -version to check which version of Python is running. To download Python for Mac, visit python.org/downloads >> click on Download Python >> double-click on the package file >> Install. While getting a new Python version, never delete the old Python version (2.7) from your Mac. Once you learn how to install Python on Mac, you can easily start with this programming language!