Blocking websites on Chrome is easy only if you know how to block a website on Chrome. Google Chrome is one of the popular and widely used web browser in the world! People can browse and watch any content on Chrome. In today’s post, I will show you how to block a website on Chrome browser. There can be tons of reasons to block a website on Chrome. This can be useful when you don’t want any sort of distractions during your regular workday. Blocking certain websites will even prevent your kids from visiting inappropriate websites. You can keep on reading to find out how to block a website on Chrome.
How To Block A Website On Chrome?
In this section, I will teach you how to block a website on Chrome in detail. The easiest way to block a website on Chrome is by using an Extension. For this, you’ll need the ‘block site extension’.
Follow these steps to learn how to block a website on Chrome desktop.
- Open Chrome and navigate to the search bar.
- Here, search for ‘block site extension’.
- Open the extension window and click on the Add to Chrome button.
- This will immediately download the BlockSite extension.
- Then, click on Add Extension in the pop-up to confirm.
- Wait for a while till the extension is downloaded successfully.
- Once it is downloaded, locate the extension in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, open the website you would like to block on Chrome.
- Then, simply click on the BlockSite extension.
- Select ‘Block this site’ to block the website.
Thus, you’ve successfully blocked the website on Chrome via the BlockSite extension. You can use the same procedure for how to permanently block a website on Chrome. The BlockSite extension looks like an orange shield icon having a circle and a line across it.
Block A Website On Chrome Without An Extension
It’s okay if you are unable to download or use the BlockSite extension. You can still block a website on Chrome by editing the hosts’ files. Follow these steps to learn how to block a website on Chrome without an extension.
- First, go to the C Drive of your computer/laptop.
- Scroll down to select Windows.
- Here, select the System32 folder.
- Under the System32 folder, look for the ‘Drivers’ folder.
- Over here, find etc.
- Open up the hosts file using Notepad.
- Type 220.127.116.11 at the end of the hosts file.
- Type the website URL you want to block in front of the domain.
- Finally, press Control + S to save these settings.
You can follow these steps when it comes to how to block a website on Chrome laptop. Thus, anybody who uses your laptop won’t be able to access websites that you’ve blocked.
Block A Website On Chrome Via Router
Several WiFi routers allow you to block a website on Chrome and other browsers. You can follow these steps to learn how to block a website on Chrome temporarily.
- Open up your router settings on Chrome.
- Now, click on Security and select Block Sites.
- Over here, type the domain name of the website you wish to block.
- Finally, click on Apply to block this website.
Thus, all the devices connected to your router won’t be able to access the blocked website. You can keep on reading further to know how to block a website on Chrome mobile.
Block A Website On Chrome Via Incognito Mode
You can even block a website on Chrome by using Chrome’s Incognito Mode. Simply follow these steps to learn how to block a website on Google.
- On Chrome, click on the Extensions icon.
- From here, open up the BlockSite extension.
- Open its settings and click on Enable in Incognito Mode.
This will automatically prevent certain websites from appearing on the web.
Block A Website On Chrome Mobile
Many people prefer to browse the internet via Chrome mobile app. You can even block websites on Chrome to maximize your productivity. First, let us learn how to block a website on Android Chrome.
- Go to Google PlayStore and download the BlockSite app.
- Wait till the app downloading process is completed.
- Now, go to Settings and enable the app.
- Launch the BlockSite app and click on the + green icon.
- This will open up the new screen with tabs Website and App.
- Here, search for the website you want to block.
- Select the website and then tap on the green checkmark.
Henceforth, the selected website is now blocked on Chrome via Blocksite. You can keep on reading further to know more about how to block websites on Chrome mobile.
Block A Website On Chrome iPhone
Being an iOS user, you can also block a specific unwanted website on Google Chrome. Follow these steps to learn how to block a website on iPhone Chrome.
- Open the iOS Settings app and select Screen Time.
- Here, select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Turn on the Content & Privacy Restrictions toggle switch.
- Then, select the Content Restrictions sub-menu.
- Under Web Content, select the option Web Content.
- Over here, select Limit Adult Websites.
- Choose the Add Website option under the Never Allow section.
- Enter the website URL you want to block in the URL textbox.
- Tap on Done to add this website to your block list.
Another easy way to block websites on iPhone Chrome is using the Zero Willpower app. This app lets you choose the time period for which you want to block a website on Chrome.
Let us now find out how to block a website on Chrome Macbook.
Block A Website On Chrome Mac
It is quite easy to block a website on Chrome using your Mac device. You can follow these steps to learn how to block a website on Chrome Mac.
- Click on the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences.
- From the left sidebar, select Screen Time.
- Then, select the Content & Privacy tab.
- Click on the Turn On button to turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Select Content and go to the Web Content section.
- Here, choose Limit Adult Websites.
- Simply add the website URLs you want to block.
Otherwise, you can download and install the BlockSite extension to block websites in Chrome.
Block A Website On Chrome Using Chromebook
You can check out this section if you are interested in learning how to block a website on Chromebook.
- Launch Chrome and search for the BlockSite extension.
- Simply click on the Add to Chrome button to install the extension.
- Now, go to the website you want to block on Chrome.
- Then, click on the extension icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Select Block this site from the pop-up message.
BlockSite is a good option to block multiple websites on Chrome.
Block Notifications From A Website On Chrome
Sometimes, notifications from certain unwanted websites can be very annoying. You can follow these steps to learn how to block notifications from a website on Chrome.
- Click on Chrome’s three-dot menu and select Settings.
- Under Privacy and Security, select Site Settings.
- Go to the Permissions section and click on Notifications.
- Over here, disable the Sites can ask to send notifications setting.
- Click on Add to add the URL link of the website you want to block.
Your Chrome browser will block all notifications from this website.
To know more information like this techkorr.com
How Do I Block A Website On Chrome Mobile?
Change settings for a site
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Chrome .
- Go to a site.
- To the left of the address bar, tap Lock. Permissions.
- Tap the permission you want to update. To change a setting, select it. To clear the site’s settings, tap Reset permissions.
How Can I Block My Child From Certain Websites?
Manage your child’s browsing on Chrome
- Open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- Tap Controls Content restrictions Google Chrome.
- Choose the setting that’s right for your family: …
- To manually allow or block certain sites, under Manage sites, tap Approved or Blocked.
How Do I Permanently Block Inappropriate Websites?
To block adult websites on your Android device in Chrome, start by going to the website you want to block. In the top right-hand corner of the window, you will see three dots.
The permissions let you:
- Block ads.
- Block popups.
- Block specific websites.
How Do I Block A Website And Cookies In Chrome?
Change your cookie settings
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings .
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Cookies and other site data.
- Select an option: Allow all cookies. Block all cookies (not recommended). Block third party cookies in Incognito. Block third-party cookies.
In the above post, I’ve explained how to block a website on Google Chrome in detail. While working on a computer, we often visit websites like YouTube or Reddit for a couple of minutes. To be more focused and prevent yourself from visiting such unwanted websites, you must block such sites. Use the extension BlockSite if you want to block one or more websites on Chrome. Another way to block a website is by changing the router settings or editing the hosts’ files. By learning how to block a website on Chrome, you can easily block specific website URLs!