Ethernet Bridges is a word you must have heard or read many times but do not know what does it mean. Don’t worry you are not the only one to wonder what doest Ethernet Bridge means. There are many more people around who search for the answer to this question. Let me tell you today everything about Ethernet Bridge. Keep reading to know every detail about it.
What Is Ethernet Bridge?
Ethernet bridge is a device that helps connect two different networks. With the help of Ethernet Bridge, the two different networks get connected together. The only thing that needs to be taken care of is that both the networks should be connecting the same Ethernet Protocol.
Another use of Ethernet Bridges is to add remote devices to the LAN.
Also, the Ethernet Bridges have the ability to connect computers and other devices with wireless or even wireless.
Types Of Ethernet Bridge
There are 2 types of Ethernet Bridges most commonly used
- Wi-Fi Bridge – This is used to connect the computers to the networks wirelessly and by not using any network adapter
- Powerline Bridge – This is used to build an electric system that connects the remote computers to others
Features Of The Ethernet Bridge
There are many different features of the Ethernet Bridges.
- You will also find many Brouters in the market. What are brouters? They are routers that can also work as Ethernet Bridges.
- Commonly Wi-fi bridges are used in devices that can work without wires. These come in different standards like B, G, and N with different access points.
- The Powerline ones are to be plugged in the electric socket to turn the home or office wiring into a network cable
Benefits Of Ethernet Bridge
The benefits of the Ethernet Bridges are many and some of them are mentioned below.
- The wireless ones are inexpensive and the installation is also very easy
- The nearby devices can be connected very easily with them
- Both wireless and powerline ethernet bridges do not require any extra wiring in your walls
- The ethernet Bridges can also be used to connect the IP phones and set-top boxes.
- The ethernets can be used in scanners, printers, and also digital cameras.
Click Here – How To Convert ODM To MP3?
What Is A Wireless Ethernet Bridge?
Wireless Ethernet bridge is a device that helps connect two different network wires. With the help of Ethernet Bridge, the two different networks get connected together. The only thing that needs to be taken care of is that both the networks should be connecting the same Ethernet Protocol.
What Is The Difference Between A Bridge And A Router?
The difference between bridges and routers are that
- The bridges are network devices that are used to connect the different types of two networks whereas routers are the ones that are devices used to connect to a network.
- The other difference is that bridges scan the devices MAC address and the router uses the IP address
How Does Network Bridging Work?
The network bridging works with a data link layer named the OSI that connects the two networks. It creates a communication between them and broadcast the data in node just like the repeaters.
Does A Bridge Need An IP Address?
(Bridges do not use IP addresses; they forward packets at MAC layer.) But the interface would need an IP address if the host OS itself needs to participate in the network connected to that interface.
Click Here – What Is OSD Timeout?
The ethernet bridges are very useful when you need to connect the 2 networks that to with wire or wireless. The two types of ethernet bridges help you do the same as per your requirement. For the nearby devices, the brouters are the best as they are wireless but for the wired ones, the Powerline is the easiest one which you just need to plug in the socket and turn your office wiring to a network one. The above article had everything you should know about the Ethernet Bridge with its types and uses for your help to understand it better.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BioCaptions
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BiosWikis
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Caresclub