|It is an object-oriented programming language.||It is an object-based scripting language.|
|It should be compiled before execution, so it is a Standalone language.||It needs to be integrated into an HTML program for execution, so it, not a Standalone language.|
|Here, the user has to decide the data type of the variable before declaring and using it.||Here, the user does not have to worry about the data type of the variable before and after the deceleration.|
|Users may need a large amount of memory for this programming language.||Users do not need large memory for this programming language.|
|They were developed by Sun Microsystems.||They were developed by Netscape.|
|The programs in this programming language are saved with the .java extension.||The programs in this programming language are saved with the .js extension.|
|They are stored on the host machine as Byte code.||Whereas this programming language is stored on the host machine as the source text.|
|For example “int a”, the variable “a” can store the value of integer type only.||For example “var a”, the “a” variable can store the value of any data type.|
Features Of Java
We all know java is the most used programming language across the globe. It was first released by Sun Microsystem in 1995 and was later acquired by Oracle Corporation. Here, I have mentioned some important features of Java, just have a look at them.
- This programming language runs on almost any computing platform.
- Java is a multi-threading language that has automatic memory management.
- Generally, it facilitates distributed computing as it is network-centric.
- This programing language is designed for building object-oriented applications.
- This programming language is widely used for client-side and server-side programming.
- It is a cross-platform programming language.
- They have a strong testing workflow.
- It one of the easiest languages to learn and start with coding.
|1. Android Apps||1. SPAs: Single-Page Applications|
|2. Enterprise Software||2. Used in front-end technologies like jQuery, AngularJS, Enber.js, ReactJS, etc.|
|3. Scientific Computing Applications||3. Used in server-side technologies like Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, and more.|
|4. Big Data Analytics||4. Used in mobile app development using PhoneGap, React Native, etc.|
|5. Java Programming of Hardware devices|
|6. Used in server-side programming like Apache, JBoss, GlassFish, and more|
First, we will study the pros and cons of java.
Here are Java pros and cons
- Users get a huge array of 3rd party libraries.
- Detailed documentation is available in java.
- Java allows you to form standard programs and reusable codes.
- It allows you to perform many tasks at the same time
- They are excellent in terms of performance.
- It helps to locate libraries.
- A large pool of skilled developers is available in java.
- The JJT compiler makes the program slow.
- As java has high memory, the hardware costs automatically increase.
- It does not support low-level programming devices.
- Java does not have additional functions like delete or free.
- It is specially designed for small scripts.
- They support classes, interfaces, and modules.
- It allows cross-compilation.
- Users can easily extend this programming language for writing large apps.
- It helps to store and retrieve information on the user’s computer.
- They allow users to create interfaces that react when they drift using a mouse.
- It does not allow the users to control the reading or writing of files.
- This language cannot be used for networking applications
- They are not loaded with multi-threading or multi-processor features.
- Both the languages have a C-like syntax.
- They are widely used in client-side and server-side web applications.
Read Also: What Is The Difference Between C And C++?